Brenin Adventures is open all year round, we offer high quality outdoor education programmes based at our fantastic Victorian Manor. All year round we offer exceptional adventures in all of our activities, see our activity pages for more information on what we offer.
Schools from all over the UK choose Brenin Adventures for their residential trips because of our high standards and deep ethos of delivering real adventures in the real outdoors. We run most of our activities in the surrounding area using rivers, gorges, mountains, forests and Llyn Clywedog (a 7 mile lake).
Each course is individually tailored to deliver memorable adventures. Our bespoke programmes are perfect for both primary and secondary schools; designed to challenge all students to stretch their comfort zones, to educate and to have new experiences.
Top quality accommodation for 70 in the house or 120 camping, fully catered.
Call or email to discuss how we can design a programme bespoke for your school
What is the most important goal we strive for?
What do we think children experience?
As we strive to assist children on their own individual journey towards spiritual development, we hope to awaken their own desire and abilities to experience joy as a light of God.
What do we think parents experience?
We hope parents experience the blossoming of their children as individualized expressions. We also create programs that engage both the child and parent (Parent Take Home Sheets)
Why have your child in the RU Youth & Families Ministry?
How are we handling the Youth & Family Ministry during Covid?
- During this time of COVID19 we are having periodic virtual gatherings via ZOOM that continuing our existing meeting style using the Living Curriculum Philosophy
- "The Living Curriculum is a process of spiritual support used to assist children, teens, families, and the church community in co-creating successful living. It honors the inherent wholeness and wisdom within each one of us, and utilizes storytelling and experiential creative expression to “draw out” the Truth we already know. The process helps us to explore spiritual principles and to become aware of how the principles operate in our lives."
- A Living Curriculum Lives in the question and uses the vehicle of story and/or experience
- Always has a debriefing
- Tries to involve everyone
- Utilizes multiple learning styles and activities intended for a wide-range of ages
- Elicits creativity
- Is an adventure
- Is engaging
- Is intention based
- Example of Lessons: Discussion on Heros - Chadwick Boseman, Telling Jokes, Discussions on Fear/Anxiety, Discussion on Racism, Move Series and Lesson utilizing Movie - Inside Out
What activities will resume or be offered when Covid is over?
We will continue with our Living Curriculum Education Philosophy but will expand some of the experiences again to hands on projects, team games, and as needed one on one support.
We have taken Popular Movies like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Finding Nemo, Wizard of Oz, and The Lion King and introduced Unity Principles. We have also exposed them to other cultures like Kwanzaa and Hanakkuh, and brought in a Gaming Truck to reinforce truth principles. We like to have FUN!
If I have questions, who can I reach out to?
Anicia Blake is our Director of Youth Ministry and Rev. Vareta Foster leads our Y.O.U. Group. If you have questions, pleae feel free to email ABlake@RenaissanceUnity.org.